Updating any WordPress plugin is a vital part of maintaining your WordPress site. Without all the latest updates you might encounter certain bugs along the way that might prevent you from using the plugin to its full potential. Having your plugins updated will ensure that you have all the latest functional and security features installed at all times.
To update any plugin, including WP RSS Aggregator and all its add-ons, there are 2 main procedures you can follow.
If you head to the Plugins section in your WordPress dashboard you will see the WP RSS Aggregator plugin listed there, along with any add-ons you might have purchased and installed.
If a plugin requires an automatic update you will be notified here as shown in the screenshot below. By clicking on update now, the plugin will automatically update.
Once an update is released it might take some time before the updated version is visible on your site as shown above.
This is a slightly longer process and requires the use of an FTP client such as FileZilla. Follow the steps below to manually update any plugin.
- Access the plugin’s zip file from your WP RSS Aggregator account.
- Download the zip file and extract it to a new folder on your desktop.
- Connect to your website using your FTP client (ex. FileZilla).
- Once connected, from on the FTP client, go to your website’s plugins folder, usually located within public_html/wp-content/plugins.
- Next, locate the plugin’s file you extracted to on your desktop.
- Upload the file from your desktop to your plugins folder.
- During the update process, choose to Overwrite the files.
- Your plugin is now updated. If you go back to your WordPress site and refresh you will see the new version installed.
NOTE: Please make sure to keep your plugins updated at all times and to check that you have all the latest updates before contacting support regarding any other issues. You can find all the latest versions in your WP RSS Aggregator account.